- Deepak Kumar, Saptarshi Hazra, Riddhi Datta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2016) Transcriptome analysis of Arabidopsis mutants suggests a crosstalk between ABA, ethylene and GSH against combined cold and osmotic stress. Scientific Reports | 6:36867 | DOI: 10.1038/srep36867.
- Dipto Bhattacharyya, Saptarshi Hazra, Anindyajit Banerjee, Riddhi Datta, Deepak Kumar, Saikat Chakrabarti and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2016) Transcriptome-wide identification and characterization of CAD isoforms specific for podophyllotoxin biosynthesis from Podophyllum hexandrum Plant Molecular Biology, (DOI 10.1007/s11103-016-0492-5).
- Saptarshi Hazra, Dipto Bhattacharyya, Sharmila Chattopadhyay*. Methyl Jasmonate Regulates Podophyllotoxin Accumulation in Podophyllum hexandrum by Altering the ROS-Responsive Podophyllotoxin Pathway Gene Expression Additionally through the Down Regulation of Few Interfering miRNAs. Frontiers in Plant Science 08(34), 2017
- Riddhi Datta,Deepak Kumar, Asma Sultana, Sharmila Chattopadhyay*. Glutathione regulates ACC synthase transcription via WRKY33 and ACC oxidase by modulating mRNA stability to induce ethylene synthesis during stress. Plant physiology 169(4) · 2015
- Riddhi Datta, Sharmila Chattopadhyay*. Changes in proteome of pad 2.1 a glutathione depleted Arabidopsis mutant during Pseudomonas infection. Jr. Protem.126, 2-93, 2015
- Dipto Bhattacharyya, Ragini Sinha, Srijani Ghanta, Amrita Chakraorty, Saptarshi Hazra and Sharmila Chattopadhyay*. Proteins differentially expressed in elicited cell suspension culture of Podophyllum hexandrum with enhanced Podophyllotoxin content. BMC Proteome Science, 10:34, 2012.
- Deepak Kumar, Riddhi Datta, Ragini Sinha, Aparupa Ghosh and Sharmila Chattopadhyay*. Proteomic profiling of γ-ECS overexpressed transgenic Nicotiana in response to drought stress. Plant Signaling and Behaviour, May, e29246, 2014.
- Srijani Ghanta, Riddhi Datta, Dipto Bhattacharyya, Ragini Sinha, Deepak Kumar, Saptarshi Hazra, Aparupa Bose Mazumdar and Sharmila Chattopadhyay*. Multistep involvement of glutathione with salicylic acid and ethylene to combat environmental stress. Journal of Plant Physiology, 171: 940-950, 2014.
- Srijani Ghanta, Dipto Bhattacharyya, Ragini Sinha, Anindita Banerjee and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. N. tabacum overexpressing γ-ECS exhibits biotic stress tolerance likely through NPR1-dependent salicylic acid-mediated pathway. PLANTA, 233:895-910, 2011.
- Mehar Darukhshan Kalim, Dipto Bhattacharyya, Anindita Banerjee and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. Oxidative DNA damage preventive activity and antioxidant potential of plants used in Unani system of medicine. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 10:77, 2010.
- Avijit Poddar, Anindita Banerjee, Srijani Ghanta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. In vivoEfficacy of Calceolarioside A against Experimental Visceral Leishmaniasis. Planta Med., 74: 503–508, 2008.
- Srijani Ghanta, Anindita Banerjee, Avijit Poddar and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. Oxidative DNA Damage Preventive Activity and Antioxidant Potential of Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni) Bertoni, a Natural Sweetener. Jr. Agric. Food Chem. 55: 10962–10967, 2007.
- Akhilesh Kumar and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. DNA damage protecting activity and antioxidant potential of pudina extract. Food Chem., 100: 1377-1384, 2007.
BOOKS CHAPTERS PUBLISHED:
- Amrita Chakraborty, Krittika Sasmal and Sharmila Chattopadhyay,entitled “The Genus Mentha: a versatile Plant” in the book series, “Utilization and Management of Medicinal Plants” by Daya Publishing House, Chapter 12, pp.217-227, 2010.
- Sharmila Chattopadhyay, “Novel neutraceutical properties of Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni) Bertoni” published in the book series, “Comprehensive Bioactive Natural Products” under Studium Press LLC, USA. Vol. 4, Chapter 15, pp. 273-281, 2010.
- Anindita Banerjee and Sharmila Chattopadhyay, “Phyllanthus amarus: a versatile plant for therapeutic interest” in: Prospective in Cytology & Genetics, (Proce. of XIV AICCG) (Eds. AK Giri, A Mukherjee & M Mukherjee), Vol. 14, pp. 251-260, 2009.
- Sharmila Chattopadhyay, “Multifaceted role of glutathione in environmental stress management” in the book “Molecular Biology For Plant Abiotic Stress" published by CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA, Ed. RK Gaur and Pradeep Sharma, pp.374, 2014.
- Dipto Bhattacharyya and Sharmila Chattopadhyay, entitled “Podophyllotoxin–A Second Generation Anticancer Drug” in the book series “Bioactive Phytochemicals: Perspectives for Modern Medicine-Vol. 2” published by Daya Publication House, New Delhi, Eds. VK Gupta, pp. 197, 2014.
- Srijani Ghanta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. Glutathione as a signaling molecule:
Another challenge to pathogens. Plant Signaling and Behavior, 6:6, 1-5.
News Paper coverage entitled “SO SWEET: Sugar leaf is not just a great sweetener-it is full of antioxidants too” of my lab work in the Science section of “The Telegraph” on 28th Jan 2008.
Sharmila Chattopadhyay, Avijit Poddar, Akhilesh Kumar, Basudeb Achari, extracts from Nyctanthes arbortristis for the treatment of leishmaniasis, International (PCT) filling no. PCT/ib2006/002805, date 09.10.2006.
NCBI/GenBank ESTs/DNA Sequence Submission:
- Bhattacharyya, D., Ghanta S, Chattopadhyay, S. 2010, Sinopodophyllum hexandrum cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase mRNA, complete cds. Acc. # GenBank: HQ268590.
- Ghanta, S., Bhattacharyya, D., Chattopadhyay, S. 2009, EST analysis from cDNA library of Sinopodophyllum hexandrum. GI: 301686-301333760 (HO: 205492.1-205224.1).
- Ghanta, S., Bhattacharyya, D., Banerjee, A., Chattopadhyay, S. 2008, EST Sequence of Sinopodophyllum hexandrum SSH library. Acc. # GO246437-246456; GO248614-248753; GO 254273-254322.
- Ghanta, S., Bhattacharyya, D., Chattopadhyay, S. 2008, EST Sequence of Nicotiana tabacum SSH library. Acc. # GH985140-985149; GH986493-986516; GO344193-344210.
- Banerjee, A., Chattopadhyay, S. 2008, Partial coding sequence of PLR of Phyllanthus amarus. Acc. # EU660220.
- Banerjee, A., Chattopadhyay, S. 2008, Partial coding sequence of PLR of Podophyllum hexandrum. Acc. # EU649692.