Dr. Biswadip Banerji
PhD: Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (Prof. Javed. Iqbal)
M.Sc: Calcutta University
2008: Team lead, Chembiotek-Kolkata
2006-2008: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Prof. K. C. Nicolaou); CSL@ICES-A*-STAR
2003-2006: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Prof. C. J. Schofield); Oxford Centre for Molecular Science (OCMS) & Chemistry Research Laboratory (CRL), Oxford University, UK
- Design and synthesis of small peptide/peptidomimetics and study their biological/biophysical properties.
- Design, synthesis, biophysical and biological property studies of different nano-materials (peptidic/ nonpeptidic).
- Nanoparticle based drug delivery system using anticancer drugs and synthesized bioactive molecules in the lab.
- Synthesis of novel, hitherto unknown heterocyclic scaffolds by intramolecular cyclization reactions.
- Synthesis of natural products and natural products based hybrid scaffolds and its application in therapeutics.
- C-H Activation reaction to construct novel heterocycles (Ref: 2)
- Novel Ligand design & ion-sensing (Ref: 1)
- Development of New molecules as anti-venom agents
C-H Activation Methodology to construct new Heterocycles:
Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 2017, asap
Expedient synthesis of a phenanthro-imidazo-pyridine fused heteropolynuclear framework via CDC coupling: a new class of luminophores
Biswadip Banerji,* Satadru Chatterjee, K. Chandrasekhar, Suvankar Bera, Leena Majumder, Chandraday Prodhan and Keya Chaudhuri
Natural Product Derived New Hybrid Molecule as Anti Cancer Agents:
Biophysical studies of different Peptide based nanopart
Tripeptide consisting of benzyl protected di-cysteine and phenylalanine forms spherical assembly and induces cytotoxicity in cancer cells via apoptosis
Biswadip Banerji,*a Moumita Chatterjee,a Chandraday Prodhanb and Keya Chaudhurib
RSC Adv., 2016,6, 112667-11
New Ligand Design to Use as Different Sensors:
Naked Eye: Yellowish green to colourless
Under UV (365 nm): Bluish-purple colour
- Suvankar Bera (SRF)
- K. Chandrasekhar (SRF)
- Satadru Chatterjee (SRF)
- Sunil Kumar (SPF)
- Saswati Adhikary (JRF)
- Chinmoy Nayan (JRF)
- Leena Majumder (JRF)
- Surjeet Bhai ( NIPER Project fellow)
Position available for sincere & dedicated candidates aspiring to do PhD/RA/PDF in the area of synthetic Organic chemistry, Biorganic Chemistry, Nanochemistry, Chemical Biology, Medicinal Chemistry etc. Students with scholarships (UGC/NET etc) may directly apply to my email with full CV
- Synthesis and DNA-Binding Studies of A New Cyclic Dimeric Symmetrical Pseudo-Turn Mimetic; Biswadip Banerji*, Satadru Chatterjee, Sunil Kumar Killi, D. Srinivas, Chandraday Prodhan, Atul Katarkar, Keya Chaudhuri, Chemistry Select, DOI: 10.1002/slct.201703062
- A Metal-Free Oxidative Carboannulation Approach towards Synthesis of 2,3-Diarylindenones and Its Regioisomers; Biswadip Banerji*, Leena Majumder, Saswati Adhkaryi, Chemistry Select, 2018, 3, 5, 1381–1384.
- Formation of Annular Protofibrillar Assembly by Cysteine Tripeptide: Unraveling the Interactions with NMR, FTIR, and Molecular Dynamics; Biswadip Banerji* , Moumita Chatterjee, Uttam Pal, and Nakul C. Maiti*; J. Phys. Chem. B, 2017, 121 (26), pp 6367–6379
- Palladium-Catalyzed Direct Synthesis of Phenanthridones from Benzamides through Tandem N–H/C–H Arylation; Biswadip Banerji*, Satadru Chatterjee, K. Chandrasekhar, Chinmay Nayan, Sunil Kumar Killi; Euro. J. Org. Chem, 2017, 35, 5214–5218.
- Expedient synthesis of a phenanthro-imidazo-pyridine fused heteropolynuclear framework via CDC coupling: a new class of luminophores; Biswadip Banerji,* Satadru Chatterjee, K. Chandrasekhar, Suvankar Bera, Leena Majumder, Chandraday Prodhan and Keya Chaudhuri, Org & Biomol Chem, 2017, 15, 4130-4134.
- Envisaging Structural Insight of a Terminally Protected Proline Dipeptide by Raman Spectroscopy and Density Functional Theory Analyses; Supriya Das, Uttam Pal, Moumita Chatterjee, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Biswadip Banerji*, and Nakul C. Maiti*; J. Phys. Chem. A, 2016, 120 (49), pp 9829–9840.
- Tripeptide consisting of benzyl protected di-cysteine and phenylalanine forms spherical assembly and induces cytotoxicity in cancer cells via apoptosis; Biswadip Banerji*, Moumita Chatterjee, Chandraday Prodhan and Key Chaudhuri, RSC Adv., 2016, 6, 112667-112676.
- Neo-tanshinlactone D-ring modified novel analogues induce apoptosis in human breast cancer cell via DNA damage, Biswadip Banerji*, , Sunil Kumar Killi, Atul Katarkar, Satadru Chatterjee, Yellaiah Tangella, Chandraday Prodhan, Keya Chaudhuri; Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 2016, article in press.
- Molecular Details of Acetate Binding to a New Diamine Receptor by NMR and FT-IR Analyses, Biswadip Banerji*, Moumita Chatterjee, Uttam Pal, and Nakul Chandra Maiti*, Journal of Physical Chemistry-A, 2016, 120 (15), 2330–2341
- Regioselective Synthesis of Quinazolinone-/Phenanthridine-Fused Heteropolycycles by Pd-Catalyzed Direct Intramolecular Aerobic Oxidative C-H Amination from Aromatic Strained Amides; Biswadip Banerji*; Suvankar Bera, Satadru Chatterjee, Sunil Kumar Killi, Saswati Adhikary; Chemistry – A European Journal (2016), 3506-3512.
- Silver-Catalyzed Azide–Alkyne Cycloaddition (AgAAC): Assessing the Mechanism by DFT Calculations, Biswadip Banerji,* K Chandrasekhar, Sunil Kumar Killi, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, UttamPal, Sudeshna Sen and Nakul Chandra Maiti, RSc Open Science, just accepted
- Synthesis and cytotoxicity studies of 1-propenyl-1,3-dihydro-benzimidazol-2-one, Biswadip Banerji* and Sumit kumar Pramanik; Journal of Chemical Biology 2015, 8(3), 73.
- 5. Binding studies of creatinine and urea on iron-nanoparticle; Biswadip Banerji*, Pramanik, Sumit Kumar; SpringerPlus 4.1 (2015): 1-9.
- Copper (I) oxide nanoparticle and tryptophan as its biological conjugate: a modulation of cytotoxic effects. Mritunjoy Maity, Sumit Kumar Pramanik, Uttam Pal, Biswadip Banerji andNakul Chandra Maiti; J Nanopart Res,2013, 16 (1), 1-13.
- Efficacy of Cyclin dependent kinase 4 (Cdk4) inhibitors as potent neuroprotective agents in cellular models of Alzheimer’s disease. Priyankar Sanphui, Sumit kumar Pramanik, P. Moorthi, Biswadip Banerji and Subhas C Biswas; PLOS ONE, 2013, 8 (11), e78842.
- Synthesis of Sulfonamide Derived from New Tetrahydroquinazoline Derivatives via Intramolecular cyclization. Biswadip Banerji, Moumita Chatterjee, Suvankar Bera and Mohd Usman Mohd Siddique; JMED Research, 2014, Article ID 464776, DOI: 10.5171/2014.464776.
- Synthesis and Cytotoxicity Studies of Novel Triazolobenzoxazepine as New Anticancer Agents Biswadip Banerji , Sumit Kumar Pramanik , Priyankar Sanphui, Sameer Nikhar, and Subhas Chandra Biswas; Chemical Biology & Drug Design, 2013, 82 (4), 401-409
- Potent anticancer activity of cystine-based dipeptides and their interaction with serum albumins, Biswadip Banerji , Sumit Kumar Pramanik , Uttam Pal and Nakul Chandra Maiti; Chemistry Central Journal, 2013, 7:91
- Dipeptide derived from benzylcystine forms unbranched nanotubes in aqueous solution, Biswadip Banerji , Sumit Kumar Pramanik , Uttam Pal and Nakul Chandra Maiti Journal of Nanostructure in Chemistry 2013, 3 (1), 12
- Conformation and Cytotoxicity of a Tetrapeptide Constellated with Alternative D- and L Proline, Biswadip Banerji , Sumit Kumar Pramanik , Uttam Pal and Nakul Chandra Maiti RSC Adv., 2012, 2, 6744-6747
- Synthesis, characterization and cytotoxicity study of magnetic (Fe3O4) nanoparticles and their drug conjugate Biswadip Banerji , Sumit Kumar Pramanik , Samir Mandal , Nakul Chandra Maiti and Keya Chaudhuri RSC Adv., 2012, 2, 2493-2497.
- Total Synthesis of the Originally Proposed and Revised Structure of Palmerolide A; K. C. Nicolaou*, Ramakrishna Guduru, Ya-Ping Sun, Biswadip Banerji, David Chen Yu- Kai* Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 5896
- Total Synthesis of the Proposed and Revised Structure of Palmerolide A; K. C. Nicolaou*, Ya-Ping Sun, Ramakrishna Guduru, Biswadip Banerji, David Chen Yu- Kai* J. Am. Chem. Soc, 2008, 130(11), 3633-3644
- Selective Inhibition of Factor Inhibiting Hypoxia Inducible Factor Michael A. McDonough, Luke A. McNeill, Melanie Tilliet, Cyril A. Papamicaël, Qiu-Yun Chen, Biswadip Banerji, Kirsty S. Hewiston, Christopher J. Schofield* J. Am. Chem. Soc, 2005, 127(21), 7680-7681
- The Inhibition of Factor Inhibiting Hypoxia Inducible Factor (FIH) by β-oxocarboxylic acids; Biswadip Banerji, Ana Conejo-Garcia, Luke McNeill, Michael A. McDonough, Matthew Buck, Kirsty S. Hewitson, Neil J. Oldham & Christopher J. Schofield*; Chem.Com, 2005, 43, 5438
- Design, Synthesis and Conformational analysis of Inverse γ-Turn Cyclic Peptidomimetic of Hypoxia Inducible Factor (HIF); Morakot Kaewpet, Barbara Odell, Michael King, Biswadip Banerji, , Christopher J. Schofield* & Timothy D. Claridge; Org. Biomol.Chem, 2008, 6, 3476
- Palladium (0) Catalyzed Regioselective Synthesis of α-Dehydro-β-Amino Ester From Amines and Allyl acetates: Synthesis of α-Dehydro-β Aminoacid Derived Cyclic Peptide As a Constrained β-turn Mimic; S. Rajesh, Biswadip Banerji and Javed Iqbal*; J. Org. Chem, 2002, 67(22), 7852-7857
- Synthesis of Cyclic Pseudo 310-Helical Structure From β-Amino Acid-L-Proline Derived Tripeptides Via Ring Closing Metathesis; Biswadip Banerji, B. M. Mallesh, S. Kiran kumar, A.C. Kunwar and Javed Iqbal.*; Tetrahedron Lett., 2002, 43(36), 6479-6483
- Synthesis of Cyclic β- Turn Mimics From L-Pro-Phe / Phe-L-Pro Derived di- and Tri-peptides Via Ring Closing Metathesis: The Role of Chirality of Phe- Residue During Cyclisation; Biswadip Banerji, Madhushree Bhattacharya, Rajesh B. M, Saibal Kumar Das and Javed Iqbal.*; Tetrahedron Lett., 2002, 43(36), 6473-6477
- A Facile Conversion of 310 Helical Structure To Cyclic β-Turn Mimic In Dehydro- Phenylalanine Derived Small Peptides Through Ring Closing Metathesis T. V. R. S. Shastry, Biswadip Banerji, S. Kiran Kumar, A. C. Kunwar, J. P. Nandy
and Javed Iqbal*; Tetrahedron Lett., 2002, 43(42), 7621-7625
- Synthesis of β-Methyl-β-alanine-L-Proline-XAA Tripeptides by Yb(OTf)3 Catalysed Michael Addition of Amines To N-Crotonyl-L-Proline-XAA: A Versatile Route To Cyclic β-Methyl-β-alanine Derived Tripeptides Via Ring-Closing Metathesis; Biswajit Saha, Debasis Das, Biswadip Banerji and Javed Iqbal.*; Tetrahedron Lett., 2002, 43(36), 6467-6471
- Synthesis of Small Cyclic Peptides By Intramolecular Heck Reaction; V. Balraju, Rajmohan Reddy, G. R. Madhavan, Biswadip Banerji and Javed Iqbal.* Tetrahedron Lett., 2003, 44(2), 353-356
- Synthesis of an α-Dehydro-β-Amino Acid Derived Cyclic Peptide As a Constrained β-Turn Mimic S. Rajesh, J. Shrivastava, Biswadip Banerji and Javed Iqbal*; ARKIVOC, 2001, 2, 10, 20-26.
- a-Dehydro-β-Aminoacid Derivatives As Turn Inducers: Synthesis of Potential HIV Protease Inhibitors Based On Structural Mimicry S. Rajesh, J. Srivastava, Biswadip Banerji and Javed Iqbal*, Ind. J. Chem, 2001, 40B, 1029-1032
- Synthesis of L-proline derived cyclic β-turn mimics via ring closing metathesis Rajesh B. M, M. Bhattacharya, Biswadip Banerji and Javed Iqbal*; ARKIVOC, 2004, (viii), 111.