Dr. Indrajit Das
B.Sc. (1999): Ramakrishna Mission Residential College – Narendrapur, Calcutta University, Kolkata
M.Sc. (2001): Rajabazar Science College, Calcutta University, Kolkata
Ph.D. (January 2002 – December 2006): IIT-Kharagpur, India
Postdoctoral Fellow (January 2007 – December 2008): DPM-University Joseph Fourier, France
- Development of new reagents, their synthetic transformations, mechanistic aspects:
- Visible Light-Induced with/without Photoredox Catalysis C-C and C-Heteroatom Bond formation:
- Carbohydrates as Synthetic Tools in Organic Synthesis:
- Mr. Sandip Naskar (SRF, UGC); e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Rajib Maity (JRF, UGC); email: email@example.com
1. Dr. Kanchan Mal; Ph.D. degree obtained from University of Calcutta on 26th June, 2017; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. Positions are available.
CSIR/UGC NET awardees with a background in Organic Chemistry are welcome to apply via e-mail
11. Direct Access to 2-Thioxooxazolidin-4-ones and Oxazolidine-2,4-diones from α-Keto Thioesters through Thiolate Transfer By Rajib Maity, Sandip Naskar, Kanchan Mal, Sandipa Biswas, and Indrajit Das,* Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, 2017, 359, 4405.
10. α-Keto Thioesters as Building Blocks for Accessing γ-Hydroxybutenolides and Oxazoles By Kanchan Mal and Indrajit Das* Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, 2017, 359, 2692
9. Elusive Thiyl Radical Migration in a Visible Light Induced Chemoselective Rearrangement of γ-Keto Acrylate Thioesters: Synthesis of Substituted Butenolides By Sandip Naskar and Indrajit Das* Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, 2017, 359, 875.
8. Tandem Chemoselective 1,2-/1,4-Migration of the Thio Group in Ketothioesters: An Efficient Approach to Substituted Butenolides By Kanchan Mal, Sandip Naskar, Shovan Kumar Sen, Ramalingam Natarajan, and Indrajit Das* Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis, 2016, 358, 3212.
7. New Broad-spectrum Antibacterial Amphiphilic Aminoglycosides Active Against Resistant Bacteria: From Neamine Derivatives to Smaller Neosamine Analogues By Louis Zimmermann, Indrajit Das, Jérôme Désiré, Guillaume Sautrey, Vinicius Barros R. S., Micheline El Khoury, Marie-Paule Mingeot-Leclercq, and Jean-Luc Decout Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2016, 59, 9350.
6. Base Induced Chiral Substituted Furans and Imidazoles from Carbohydrate-Derived 2-Haloenones By Kanchan Mal and Indrajit Das,* The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2016, 81, 932.
5. Chirally Substituted 3-Formylfurans from Carbohydrates: An Expedient Route via NBS-Mediated Electrophilic Cyclization By Kanchan Mal, Amanpreet Kaur, and Indrajit Das,* Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2015, 4, 1132.
4. PPh3.HBr-DMSO: A Reagent System for Diverse Chemoselective Transformations By Kanchan Mal,‡ Amanpreet Kaur,‡ Fazle Haque, and Indrajit Das,* The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2015, 80, 6400. (‡These authors contributed equally)
3. ZnI2-Catalyzed Diastereoselective [4+2] Cycloadditions of β,γ-unsaturated α-ketothioesters with Olefins By Kanchan Mal, Supriya Das, Nakul C. Maiti, Ramalingam Natarajan, and Indrajit Das,* The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2015, 80, 2972.
2. Gold(III) Chloride Catalyzed Synthesis of Chiral Substituted 3-Formyl Furans from Carbohydrates: Application to the Synthesis of 1,5-Dicarbonyl Derivative and Furo[3,2-c]pyridine By Kanchan Mal, Abhinandan Sharma, and Indrajit Das,* Chemistry – A European Journal, 2014, 20,
1. PPh3.HBr-DMSO mediated expedient synthesis of γ-substituted β,γ-unsaturated α-ketomethylthioesters and α-bromo enals: Application to the synthesis of 2-methylsulfanyl-3(2H)-furanones By Kanchan Mal, Abhinandan Sharma, Prakas R. Maulik, and Indrajit Das,* Chemistry – A European Journal, 2014, 20, 662.
- Preparation of PNA-6-aminoglucosamine conjugates as antiviral agents By Virendra N Pandey, Jean-Luc Decout, Indrajit Das, Jérôme Désiré; U.S. Pat. Appl. Publ. (2014), US 20140371137 A1 20141218.
- 6-amino-6-deoxyglucosamine derivatives and their use as antibacterial agents By Jean-Luc Decout, Isabelle Baussanne, Jerome Desire, Indrajit Das, and Marie-Paule Mingeot-Leclercq PCT Int. Appl. 2012, WO 2012062996 A1 20120518
- 6-amino-6-deoxyglucosamine derivatives and their use as antibacterial agents By Jean-Luc Decout, Indrajit Das, Jerome Desire, Isabelle Baussanne, and Marie-Paule Mingeot-Leclercq Fr. Demande, 2012, FR 2967068 A1 20120511.
6. A Peptide Nucleic Acid-Aminosugar Conjugate Targeting Transactivation Response Element of HIV-1 RNA Genome Shows a High Bioavailability in Human Cells and Strongly Inhibits Tat-mediated Transactivation of HIV-1 Transcription By Indrajit Das, Jérôme Désiré, Dinesh Kumar Manvar, Isabelle baussanne, Virendra N Pandey, and Jean-Luc Decout* J. Med. Chem., 2012, 5, 6021–6032.5. Unusual addition of amines to C-2 of vinyl sulfone-modified-β-d-pent-2-enofuranosyl carbohydrates: synthesis of a new class of β-anomeric 2-amino-2,3-dideoxy-d-threo-pentofuranosides By Indrajit Das, Cheravakkattu G. Suresh, Jean-Luc Décout, and Tanmaya Pathak* Res., 2008, 343, 1287-1296.
4. Diastereoselective Michael Initiated Ring Closure on Vinyl Sulfone-Modified Carbohydrates: A Stereospecific and General Route to α-Substituted Cyclopropanes By Indrajit Das, Tarun K. Pal, and Tanmaya Pathak* Org. Chem., 2007, 72 (24), 9181–9189.
3. Diastereoselective C−C Bond Formation at C-5 of Vinyl Sulfone-Modified Hex-5-enofuranosyl Carbohydrates: Diversity-Oriented Synthesis of Branched-Chain Sugars and Beyond By Indrajit Das, Tarun K. Pal, Cheravakkattu G. Suresh, and Tanmaya Pathak* Org. Chem., 2007, 72 (15), 5523–5533.
2. Desulfonylation with Mg−MeOH−NiBr2: An Expedient Reagent System for the Synthesis of 2-Amino-2,3-dideoxy Furanosides By Indrajit Das and Tanmaya Pathak* Lett., 2006, 8 (7), 1303–1306.
1. A Diastereoselective and General Route to 5-Amino-5-deoxysugars: Influence of C-3 Substitution on the Addition of Amines to C-5 of Vinyl Sulfone-Modified Hex-5-enofuranosyl Carbohydrates By Indrajit Das, Tanmaya Pathak*, and Cheravakkattu G. Suresh J. Org. Chem., 2005, 70 (20), 8047–8054.