Dr. Malini Sen
PhD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY, USA
Postdoctoral Associate, RWJ Pharmaceutical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
Project Scientist and Arthritis Investigator, Medicine Department, University of California – San Diego, USA
- Deciphering the role of mesenchymal stem cell factors including Wnts in various aspects of immune homeostasis, immune response to infection and inflammation.
- Functional analysis of WISP3 (Wnt induced secreted protein 3) in the context of PPRD (Progressive pseudo Rheumatoid Dysplasia), a connective tissue disorder of genetic origin.
I have positions open for hardworking research oriented individuals with NET (CSIR/UGC), ICMR and DBT fellowships.
- Suman Kundu, Ph.D (DBT-RA, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Archya Sengupta, Ph.D (DBT-RA, email@example.com)
- Arijit Chakraborty (SRF, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Suborno Jati (SRF, email@example.com)
- Deepesh Kumar Padhan (SRF, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tresa Rani Sarraf (JRF, email@example.com)
- Shreyasi Maity (JRF, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Past Members –
R.Srinivasa Rao , Ph.D
Debdut Naskar, Ph.D
George Maiti , Ph.D
Milan Patra, Ph.D
- Chakraborty, A., Kurati, S. P., Mahata, S. K., Sundar, S., Roy, S., & Sen, M. (2017). Wnt5a Signaling Promotes Host Defense against Leishmania donovani Infection. The Journal of Immunology, 199 (3), 992-1002.
- Patra, M., Mahata, S. K., Padhan, D. K., & Sen, M. (2016). CCN6 (Wnt induced signaling protein–3) regulates mitochondrial function. J Cell Sci, jcs-186247
- Ghosh, G., & Sen, M. (2016). A New DNA Methyltransferase-Histone Deacetylase-Kinase Axis in Innate Immunity. Molecular Cell, 63(4), 544-546.
- Guha, I., Naskar, D., & Sen, M. (2015). Macrophage as a mediator of immune response: Sustenance of immune homeostasis. Macrophage, 2.
- Naskar, D., Maiti, G., Chakraborty, A., Roy, A., Chattopadhyay, D., & Sen, M. (2014). Wnt5a–Rac1–NF-κB homeostatic circuitry sustains innate immune functions in macrophages. The Journal of Immunology, 192(9), 4386-4397.
- Repudi, S. R., Patra, M., & Sen, M. (2013). WISP3–IGF1 interaction regulates chondrocyte hypertrophy. J Cell Sci, 126(7), 1650-1658.
- Maiti, G., Naskar, D., & Sen, M. (2012). The Wingless homolog Wnt5a stimulates phagocytosis but not bacterial killing. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 109(41), 16600-16605.
- Sen M and Ghosh G. Transcriptional outcome of Wnt-Frizzled signal transduction in inflammation: evolving concepts. J Immunology 2008, 181: 4441 – 5.
- Miller DS and Sen M. 2007. Potential role of WISP3 (CCN6) in regulating the accumulation of reactive oxygen species. BBRC 355: 156 – 61.
- Davis L, Chen Y and Sen M. 2006. WISP3 functions as a ligand and promotes superoxide dismutase activity. BBRC 342: 259 – 65.
- Sen M. 2005. Wnt Signaling in Rheumatoid Arthritis. Rheumatology 44: 708 – 713.
- Sen M, Cheng Yu-Ho, Goldring MB, Lotz M and Carson DA. 2004. WISP-3 dependent regulation of type II collagen and aggrecan production in chondrocytes. Arthritis Rheumatism 50: 488 – 97.
- Lu D, Zhao Y, Tawatao R, Cottam H, Sen M, Leoni L, Kipps TJ, Corr M and Carson DA. 2004. Activation of the Wnt signaling pathway in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. PNAS 101: 3118 – 23.
- Sen M, Reifert J, Lauterbach K, El-Gabalawy H, Rubin JS, Wolf V, Corr M and Carson DA. 2002. WNT signaling in rheumatoid arthritis synoviocytes regulates fibronectin and metalloproteinase expression. Arthritis Rheumatism 46: 2867 – 77.
- Rhee CS, Sen M, Wu C, Leoni L, Rubin J, Corr M and Carson DA. 2002. Wnt and Frizzled receptors as potential targets for immunotherapy in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. Oncogene 21: 6598 – 605.
- Sen M, Chamorro M, Reifert J, Corr M, and Carson DA. 2001. Blockade of Wnt-5A / Frizzled 5 signaling inhibits rheumatoid synoviocyte activation. Arthritis Rheumatism 44: 772-781.
- Schmid M, Sen M, Rosenbach MD, Carrera CJ, Friedman H and Carson DA. 2000. A methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) fusion transcript identifies a new gene on chromosome 9p21 that is frequently deleted in cancer. Oncogene 19: 5747-5754.
- Sen M,Lauterbach K, El-Gabalawy H, Firestein GS, Corr M and Carson DA. 2000. Expression and function of wingless and frizzled homologs in rheumatoid arthritis. PNAS 97: 2791-2796.