Dr. Parasuraman Jaisankar
Ph.D. Jadavpur University, 1995,
Raman Research Fellow – Prof. M. Kitamura, Nagoya University, Japan (2010),
RCMS Fellow – Nobel Laureate Prof. R. Noyori, & Prof. M. Kitamura, Japan (2001-02),
DAAD Fellow – Ulm University, Germany (1996-98).
- Development of chiral ligands and their transition metal complexes for asymmetric organic transformations.
- Synthesis of Lead Compounds and their analogues having various biological activities, with special focus on anticancer and anti-asthmatic, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Development of synthetic strategy for the generation of structurally unique bioactive molecules especially nitrogen heterocycles.
- Identification and structure elucidation of antibiotics isolated from marine actinobacterium.Search for safe drugs from herbal sources.
- Parasuraman Jaisankar, Tanaka S, Kitamura M. Catalytic Dehydrative S-Allylation of Cysteine Containing Peptides in Aqueous Media toward Lipopeptide Chemistry. J. Org. Chem. 76, 1894-1897 (2011).
- Regioselective One Pot Synthesis of 3, 3′-Diindolylethylene Derivatives and Study of their Cytotoxic activity, Madhumita Mandal, Deepak Kumar, Rajneeta Roy, Rupashree Sen, Padma Das, Mitali Chatterjeec and Parasuraman Jaisankar, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Lett. 21, 3084-3087 (2011).
- 2-Methyl-pyran-4-one-3-O-β-d-glucopyranoside isolated from leaves of Punica granatum inhibits the TNFα-induced cell adhesion molecules expression by blocking nuclear transcription factor-κB (NF-κB), Sakshi Balwani, Debkumar Nandi, ParasuramanJaisankar and Balaram Ghosh, Biochimie,93, 921-930 (2011).
- Lewis Acid-Catalyzed One-Pot, Three-Component Route to Chiral 3,3′-Bipyrroles: Dey, S., Pal, C., Nandi, D., Giri, V. S., Zaidlewicz, M., Krzeminski, M., Smentek, L., Hess, B. A., Gawronski, J., Kwit, M., Babu, N. J., Nangia, A., and Jaisankar, P. Organic Lett., 10(7), 1373 – 1376 (2008).
- Mitochondria dependent ROS-mediated programmed cell death (PCD) induced by 3,3′-Diindolylmethane (DIM) through Inhibition of FoF1-ATP synthase in unicellular protozoan parasite Leishmania donovani: A. Roy, A. Ganguly, S. BoseDasgupta, B. B. Das, C. Pal, P. Jaisankar, H. K. Majumder, Molecular Pharmacology, 74 (5), 1292-1307 (2008).
- Asymmetric synthesis of N-1-(heteroaryl)ethyl-N-hydroxyureas: Mariusz J. Bosiak, Marek P. Krzemiński, P. Jaisankar and Marek Zaidlewicz, Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 19, 956-963 (2008).
- Asymmetric synthesis of N-substituted N-hydroxyureas: Krzysztof Z. Łączkowski, Marcin M. Pakulski, Marek P. Krzemiński, P. Jaisankar and Marek Zaidlewicz, Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 19, 788-795 (2008).
- Indium trichloride catalyzed efficient one-pot synthesis of highly substituted Furans: S. Dey, D. Nandi, P. K. Pradhan, V. S. Giri and P. Jaisankar, Tetrahedron Lett. 48, 2573-2575 (2007).
- Eco-friendly synthesis and study of new plant growth promoters: 3,3´- Diindolylmethane and its derivatives: C. Pal, S. Dey, S. K. Mahato, J. Vinayagam, P. K. Pradhan, V. S. Giri, P. Jaisankar, T. Hossain, S. Baruri, D. Ray and S. Mandal Biswas, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Lett. 17, 4924-4928 (2007).
- InCl3-HMTA as a Methylene Donor: One-Pot Synthesis of Diindolylmethane (DIM) and its Derivatives, P. K. Pradhan, S. Dey, V. S. Giri, and P. Jaisankar, Synthesis, 1779-1782 (2005).
- First Indium Trichloride Catalyzed Self-addition of Indoles: One Pot Synthesis of Indolylindolines, B. Pal, V. S. Giri, and P. Jaisankar, Catalysis Commun. 6, 711-715 (2005).
- Unusual Formation of Chiral b-Carboline Dimers Under Bischler-Napieralski Reaction Conditions: An Old Reaction With A New Direction: B. Pal, P. Jaisankar, and V. S. Giri, Tetrahedron Lett. 45, 6489-6492 (2004).
- Selective Reduction of Aldehydes to Alcohols Using Alumina with a Catalytic amount of Base Under Microwave Irradiation: P. K. Pradhan, P. Jaisankar, B. Pal, S. Dey, and V. S. Giri, Synth. Commun, 35, 2863-2872 (2004).
- Versatile Reagent for Reduction of Azides to Amines: B. Pal, P. Jaisankar, V. S. Giri, Synth. Commun, 34, 1317 (2004).
- First Triphenylphosphine Promoted Reduction of Maleimides to Succinimides: B. Pal, P. K. Pradhan, P. Jaisankar, and V. S. Giri, Synthesis, 1549 (2003).
- Synthetic studies in Indoloquinolizidine system: V. S. Giri, P. Jaisankar, R. K. Manna, J. N. Shoolery, P. Keifer, Tetrahedron, 51, 10101 (1995).
- Unusual formation of a Novel Pyrrolo[1′,2′:1,2]pyrido[3,4]-indole, V. S. Giri, S. K. Das and P. Jaisankar, J. Heterocyclic Chemistry, 29, 767 (1992).
- Synthesis of alkaloids (±)-Deplancheine and Flavopereirine, P. Jaisankar, S. K. Das and V. S. Giri, Heterocycles, 32, 1109 (1991).