Dr. Sharmila Chattopadhyay
PhD, Visva Bharati University, 1988
Postdoctoral Fellow, ATO (DLO), Wageningen, The Netherlands
- To unravel the dynamic complexity of plant disease resistance mechanism and cross-talk of GSH with other established signaling molecules to combat environmental stress`s in planta;
- To elucidate biosynthetic pathways of plant secondary metabolites viz. podophyllotoxin;
- Plant Metabolic Engineering: Genetic manipulation of plant natural products that have a potentially beneficial biological effect.
- Miss Asma Sultana, SRF,
- Miss Soumi Biswas, DBT-SRF,
- Miss Priyanka Boro, CSIR-JRF
- Miss Yajnaseni Chatterjee DST-JRF
- Dr. Rajgourav Ghosh, CSIR-SRA
- Saptarshi Hazra, Dipto Bhattacharyya Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2017) Methyl Jasmonate regulates Podophyllotoxin accumulation in Podophyllum hexandrum by altering the ROS-responsive Podophyllotoxin pathway gene expression additionally through the down regulation of few interfering miRNAs. Frontiers in Plant Science, 8, 164.
- Deepak Kumar, Saptarshi Hazra, Riddhi Datta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2016) Transcriptome analysis of Arabidopsis mutants suggests a crosstalk between ABA, ethylene and GSH against combined cold and osmotic stress. Scientific Reports, 6:36867.
- Dipto Bhattacharyya1, Saptarshi Hazra1, Anindyajit Banerjee, Riddhi Datta, Deepak Kumar, Saikat Chakrabarti and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2016) Transcriptome-wide identification and characterization of CAD isoforms specific for podophyllotoxin biosynthesis from Podophyllum hexandrum Plant Molecular Biology, 92, 1-23.
- Riddhi Datta, Deepak Kumar, Asma Sultana, Saptarshi Hazra, Dipto Bhattacharyya, and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2015) Glutathione Regulates ACC Synthase Transcription via WRKY33 and ACC Oxidase by Modulating Messenger RNA Stability to Induce Ethylene Synthesis during Stress. Plant Physiology, 169, 2963–2981.
- Bhattacharaya Dipto and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2015) Characterization of podophyllotoxin biosynthetic pathway and future prospect of podophyllotoxin production from Podophyllum hexandrum Chemical Biology Letters, 2(1), 12-21.
- Sarkar, S. Das,A. Ray and P. P. Parui, Riddhi Datta, Sharmila Chattopadhyay (2015) Exploitation of a new Schiff-base ligand for boric acid fluorescent sensing in aqueous medium with bio-imaging studies in a living plant system. RSC Advances, 5, 51875-51882. DOI: 10.1039/c5ra08086j.
- Riddhi Datta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2015) Changes in theproteome of pad2-1, a glutathione depleted Arabidopsis mutant, during Pseudomonas syringae Journal of Proteomics, 126, 82-93.
- Srijani Ghanta, Riddhi Datta, Dipto Bhattacharyya, Ragini Sinha, Deepak Kumar, Saptarshi Hazra, Aparupa Bose Mazumdar and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2014) Multistep involvement of glutathione with salicylic acid and ethylene to combat environmental stress. Journal of Plant Physiol., 171, 940-950.
- Dipto Bhattacharyya, Ragini Sinha, Saptarshi Hazra, Riddhi Datta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay*(2013) De novo transcriptome analysis using 454 pyrosequencing of the Himalayan Mayapple, Podophyllum hexandrum. BMC Genomics, 4(1):748.
- Riddhi Datta, Ragini Sinha, and Sharmila Chattopadhyaya* (2013) Changes in leaf proteome profile of Arabidopsis thaliana in response to salicylic acid. Journal of Bioscience, 38(2),1-12.
- Sayan Chowdhury, Tulika Mukherjee, Rupkatha Mukhopadhyay, Budhaditya Mukherjee, Souvik Sengupta, Sharmila Chattopadhyay, Parasuraman Jaisankar, Syamal Roy, Hemanta K. Majumder* (2012) The lignan niranthin poisons Leishmania donovani topoisomerase IB and favours a Th1 immune response in mice. EMBO Mol. Med. 4,1126-1134.
- Srijani Ghanta, Dipto Bhattacharyya, Ragini Sinha, Anindita Banerjee and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2011) Nicotiana tabacum overexpressing γ-ECS exhibits biotic stress tolerance likely through NPR1-dependent salicylic acid-mediated pathway. PLANTA, 233, 895-910.
- Avijit Poddar, Anindita Banerjee, Srijani Ghanta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2008) In vivo Efficacy of CalceolariosideA against experimental Visceral Leishmaniasis. Planta Medica, 74, 503-508.
- Srijani Ghanta, Anindita Banerjee, Avijit Poddar and Sharmila Chattopadhyay* (2007) Oxidative DNA Damage Preventive Activity and Antioxidant Potential of Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni) Bertoni, a Natural Sweetener. Agric. Food Chem. (ACS pubs) 55, 10962-10967.
INVITED REVIEW PUBLISHED:
15. Srijani Ghanta, Dipto Bhattacharyya, and Sharmila Chattopadhyay*. Glutathione as a signaling molecule: Another challenge to pathogen. Plant Signaling & Behaviour, 6 (6): 1-6, 2011.
- Sharmila Chattopadhyay, “Novel neutraceutical properties of Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni) Bertoni” published in the book series, “Comprehensive Bioactive Natural Products” under the banner of Studium Press LLC, USA. VK Gupta & Anil K Verma, 4, pp. 273-281, 2010.
- Amrita Chakraborty, Krittika Sasmal and Sharmila Chattopadhyay, entitled “The Genus Mentha: a versatile Plant” published in the book series, “Utilization and Management of Medicinal Plants” by Daya Pub. House, ND, Eds. Gupta, Verma & S. Koul, Chapter 12, pp.217-227, 2010.
- Anindita Banerjee and Sharmila Chattopadhyay, “PHYLLANTHUS AMARUS: A VERSATILE PLANT FOR THERAPEUTIC IMPORTANCE” in: Prospective in Cytology & Genetics, (Proc. of XIV AICCG), Eds. Giri, Mukherjee & Mukherjee, Vol. 14, pp. 251-260, 2009.
- Sharmila Chattopadhyay, “Multifaceted role of glutathione in environmental stress management” in the book “Molecular Biology For Plant Abiotic Stress” published byCRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA, Ed. RK Gaur and Pradeep Sharma, pp.374, 2014.
- Dipto Bhattacharyya and Sharmila Chattopadhyay, entitled “Podophyllotoxin–A Second Generation Anticancer Drug” in the book series “Bioactive Phytochemicals: Perspectives for Modern Medicine-Vol. 2” published by Daya Publication House, New Delhi, Eds. VK Gupta, pp. 197, 2014.