Dr. G Senthil kumar
Ph.D. Genetics (2016) University of Madras (collaboration with University of Chicago, USA)
- Identification of novel genetic variants in common monogenic disorders among Indian population using Next generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
- Development and validation of rapid and cost-effective diagnostic/prognostic biomarkers using genomics, proteomics and metabolomics towards precision medicine.
- Investigation of cellular and functional impact of novel mutations using cell lines and Zebrafish model.
- CRISPR-Cas9-mediated targeted genome editing in Zebrafish model.
- Strategizing and designing novel diagnosis and drug development strategies based on above approaches.
Position Available: CSIR/UGC/DBT/INSPIRE qualified M.Sc/ M.Tech candidates with interest in translational research are welcome to submit their CV via email: email@example.com
- Senthil Kumar, K. Dinesh Kumar, Peter J. Minogue, Viviana M. Berthoud, Raja Kannan, Eric C. Beyer, and Santhiya T. Sathiyavedu. The E368Q mutant allele of GJA8 causes congenital cataracts with intrafamilial variation in a South Indian family. Open Access J Ophthalmol. 2016; 1(1): 106.
- Dinesh Kumar*, G. Senthil Kumar*, A. Sathya, Palani Raj, G. Jayaraman, S.T. Santhiya.V235L mutation of human BEST1 gene, in association with Best macular dystrophy and predictions on the possibility of altered CERES Function. Journal of Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology. 01/2015;06:50.
- G Senthil Kumar, John W Kyle, Peter J Minogue, K Dinesh Kumar, K Vasantha,Viviana M Berthoud, Eric C Beyer, Santhiya T Sathiyavedu. An MIP/AQP0 mutation with impaired trafficking and function underlies an autosomal dominant congenital lamellar cataract. Experimental eye research. 2013 May;110:136-41.
- K Dinesh Kumar, G Senthil Kumar, S T Santhiya. Nonspecific PCR amplification of CRYBB2-pseudogene leads to misconception of natural variation as mutation. Investigative ophthalmology & visual science. 01/2012; 53(9):5770.
Sathiyavedu T Santhiya, G Senthil Kumar, Pridhvi Sudhakar, Navnit Gupta,Norman Klopp, Thomas Illig, Torben Söker, Marco Groth, Matthias Platzer, Puthiya M Gopinath, Jochen Graw. Molecular analysis of cataract families in India: new mutations in the CRYBB2 and GJA3 genes and rare polymorphisms. Molecular vision. 01/2010; 16:1837-47.