- Mechanism of anti-inflammatory activity of leishmanial lipids, some bioactive natural products and synthetic compounds in different inflammatory models like endotoxemia, arthritis, and cancer models.
- Exploring the role of microbial integral membrane proteins as immunomodulator and anticancer agent.
- Exploring the pathways, and signaling cross-talks of apoptosis induced by different bioactive compounds (metal complexes, synthetic compounds, natural products and nano- formulated compounds) in cancer cells.
- Mechanism of immune activation and host protective immunity towards leishmanial and bacterial infection by attenuated leishmanial strain and its components.
- Mechanism of protection against chemical and metal induced liver damage by nano formulated compounds.
- Role of the signaling network and the transcription factors in drug induced regulation of angiogenesis, invasion, migration and metastasis in melanoma.
- Isolation and identification of bioactive proteins from natural edible sources as anti-inflammatory, immunostimulatory and anticancer agents.
1. Krishnendu Manna (AYUSH-RA)
2. Niladri Mukherjee (NPDF-RA)
3. Tanushree Das (CSIR-SRF)
4. Saswati Banerjee (DST-Project Fellow)
5. Snehasis Mishra (DAE-Project Fellow)
6. Sayoni Nag (UGC-SRF)
7. Moumita Saha (DST Inspire JRF)
8. Saheli Roy (ICMR-JRF)
9. Sanchaita Mondal (DBT- JRF)
10. Supratim Mahapatra (DST Inspire JRF)
1. Dipayan Bose
2. Sujata Das
1. Dr. Jagnyeswar Ratha
2. Dr. Kajal Nayan Majumdar
3. Dr. Mriganka Mandal
4. Dr. Debasree Ghosh
5. Dr. Sumana Mallick
6. Dr. Abhishek Nandy
7. Dr. Sumit Kumar Dey
8. Dr. Nabanita Chatterjee
9. Dr. Subhadip Das
10. Dr. Amit Kumar Haldar
11. Dr. Debasmita Dutta
12. Dr. Joydeep Paul
13. Dr. Somenath Banerjee
- Porous Polymer Bearing Polyphenolic Organic Building Units as a Chemotherapeutic Agent for Cancer Treatment. P Bhanja, S Mishra, K Manna, K Das Saha, and A Bhaumik. ACS Omega; 2018, 3, 529−535.
- Curcumin stably interacts with DNA hairpin through minor groove binding and demonstrates enhanced cytotoxicity in combination with FdU nucleotides. S Ghosh, SMallick; U Das; A Verma; U Pal; S Chatterjee; A Nandy; K Das Saha; N C Maiti; B Baishya; G S Kumar; W H Gmeiner. BBAGEN; 2017 (Accepted) (Impact factor: 4.7)
- Covalent Organic Framework Material Bearing Phloroglucinol Building Units as a Potent Anticancer Agent. Bhanja P, Mishra S, Manna K, Mallick A, Das Saha K, Bhaumik A. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2017; 9(37):31411-31423. (Impact factor: 7.5)
- A Schiff base platform: structures, sensing of Zn(ii) and PPi in aqueous medium and anticancer activity. Naskar B, Modak R, Maiti DK, Drew MGB, Bauzá A, Frontera A, Das Mukhopadhyay C, Mishra S, Das Saha K, Goswami S. Dalton Trans. 2017; 46(29): 9498-9510 (Impact factor: 4.0)
- A fluorescence ‘turn-on’ chemodosimeter for the specific detection of Pd2+by a rhodamine appended Schiff base and its application in live cell imaging. Bhanja AK, Mishra S, Das Saha K, Sinha C. Dalton Trans. 2017;46(28):9245-9252. (Impact factor: 4.0)
- Macrocycle aza-crown chromogenic reagent to Al3+ and fluorescence sensor for Zn2+ and Al3+ along with live cell application and logic operation. A K Bhanja, C Patra, S Mondal, S Mishra, K Das Saha, C Sinha. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical. 2017;252, 257–267. (Impact factor: 4.8)
- A Novel Nanohybrid for Cancer Theranostics: Folate Sensitized Fe2O3 Nanoparticle for Colorectal Cancer Diagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy. R Nandi, S Mishra, T K Maji, K Manna, P Kar, S Banerjee, S Dutta, S. K. Sharma, P Lemmens, K D Saha and S K Pal. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C6TB03292C (Impact factor: 4.5)
- Synthesis of a novel glucose capped gold nanoparticle as a better theranostic candidate. S Saritha, K.C. Sunil, U Das, S Mishra, M Sudarshan, K D Saha, S Dey, A Chakraborty, V Narayana. PLOS ONE. PONE-D-16-40714R2, 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C6TB03292C. (Impact factor: 3.0)
- Coumarinyl thioether Schiff base as a turn-on fluorescent Zn(II) sensor and the complex as chemosensor for the selective recognition of ATP, along with its application in whole cell imaging. C. Patra, A K. Bhanja, A. Mahapatra, S. Mishra and Das Saha, C. Sinha, RSC Adv., 2016; DOI: 10.1039/C6RA12369D (Impact factor: 3.2)
- Synthesis of Gold(III)←Gold(I)-NHC Through Disproportionation: Role of Gold(I)-NHC in the induction of apoptosis in HepG2 cells. A Nandy, T Samanta, S Mallick, P Mitra, S K Seth, K D Saha, S S Al-Deyabe and J Dinda. New Journal of Chemistry, 2016, DOI:1039/C5NJ02979A (Impact factor: 3.2)
- Heat Killed Attenuated Leishmania Induces Apoptosis of HepG2 Cells Through ROS Mediated p53 Dependent Mitochondrial Pathway. Bose D, Banerjee S, Das S, Chatterjee N, Saha KD. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016. 24; 38(4):1303-1318. (Impact factor: 5.1)
- Attenuated Leishmania induce pro-inflammatory mediators and influence leishmanicidal activity by p38 MAPK dependent phagosome maturation in Leishmaniadonovani co-infected macrophages. Banerjee S, Bose D, Chatterjee N, Das S, Chakraborty S, Das T, Saha KD. Sci Rep. 2016; 6:22335. (Impact factor: 5.5)
- Para-Phenylenediamine Induces Apoptotic Death of Melanoma Cells and Reduces Melanoma Tumour Growth in Mice. Bhowmick D, Bhar K,Mallick SK,DasS,Chatterjee N,Sarkar T S,Chakrabarti R, Saha KD, Siddhanta A. Res. Int. 2016. DOI:10.1155/2016/3137010 (Impact factor: 0.5)
- Enhanced protective activity of nano formulated andrographolide against arsenic induced liver damage. Das S, Pradhan GK, Das S, Nath D, Das Saha K. Chem Biol Interact. 2015; 242: 281-289.(Impact factor: 2.5)
- Self-assembled ZnS nanospheres with nanoscale porosity as an efficient carrier for the delivery of doxorubicin. Kumari V, Chatterjee N, Das S, Bhunia S, DasSaha K and Bhaumik A. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 92499-92505. (Impact factor: 3.1)
- New 13-pyridinealkyl berberine analogues intercalate to DNA and induce apoptosis in HepG2 and MCF-7 cells through ROS mediated p53 dependent pathway: biophysical, biochemical and molecular modeling studies. Chatterjee S, Mallick S, Buzzetti F, Fiorillo G, Syeda M S, Lombardi P, Das Saha Kand Kumar GS. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 90632-90644. (Impact factor: 3.1)
- Structural findings of phenylindoles as cytotoxic antimitotic agents in human breast cancer cell lines through multiple validated QSAR studies. Adhikari N, Halder AK, Saha A, Das Saha K, Jha T. Toxicol In Vitro. 2015; 29(7):1392-404. (Impact factor: 2.9 )
- Design of dual MMP-2/HDAC-8 inhibitors by pharmacophore mapping, molecular docking, synthesis and biological activity. Halder AK, Mallick S, Deep Shikha, Saha A, Das Saha Kand Jha T. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 72373-72386. (Impact factor: 3.1)
- Silver (I), Gold(I) and Gold(III)-N-Heterocyclic Carbene complexes of Naphthyl Substituted Annelated Ligand: Synthesis, Structure and Cytotoxicity. Samanta T, Roymahapatra G, Munda RN, Nandy A, Das Saha K, Salem S. Al-Deyab Joydev Dinda. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry. 2015; 791:183-191. (Impact factor: 2.1)
- Doubly chloro bridged dimeric copper(ii) complex: magneto-structural correlation and anticancer activity. Sikdar Y, Modak R, Bose D, Banerjee S, Bieńko D, Zierkiewicz W, Bieńko A, Saha Das K, Goswami S. Dalton Trans. 2015;44(19):8876-88. (Impact factor: 4.0 )
- Antineoplastic impact of leishmanial sphingolipid in tumour growth with regulation of angiogenic event and inflammatory response. Das S, Chatterjee N, Bose D, Banerjee S, Jha T, Saha Das K. 2015; 20(6):869-82. (Impact factor: 3.5)
- Lipid from Infective L. donovani Regulates Acute Myeloid Cell Growth via Mitochondria Dependent MAPK Pathway. Chatterjee N, Das S, Bose D, Banerjee S, Jha T, Saha Das K. PLoS One. 2015;10(3): e0120509(Impact factor: 4.4)
- Comparative validated molecular modeling of p53-HDM2 inhibitors as antiproliferative agents. Mondal C, Halder AK, Adhikari N, Saha A, Saha Das K, Gayen S, Jha T. Eur J Med Chem. 2015; 90: 860-75. (Impact factor: 4.5)
- Leishmanial sphingolipid induces apoptosis in Sarcoma 180 cancer cells through regulation of tumour growth via angiogenic switchover. Das S, Chatterjee N, Bose D, Banerjee S, Jha T, Saha Das K. Tumour Biol. 2015; 36(4):3109-18. (Impact factor: 2.9)
- Leishmanial lipid affords protection against oxidative stress induced hepatic injury by regulating inflammatory mediators and confining apoptosis progress. Chatterjee N, Das S, Bose D, Banerjee S, Jha T, Saha Das K. Toxicol Lett. 2015; 232(2): 499-512. (Impact factor: 3.8)
- Porous polyurea network showing aggregation induced white light emission, applications as biosensor and scaffold for drug delivery. Bhunia S, Chatterjee N, Das S, Saha Das K, Bhaumik A. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014; 6(24): 22569-76. (Impact factor: 7.5)
- Stepwise development of structure-activity relationship of diverse PARP-1 inhibitors through comparative and validated in silico modeling techniques and molecular dynamics simulation. Halder AK, Saha A, Saha Das K, Jha T. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2014. 28:1-24. (Impact factor: 3.1)
- Lipid isolated from a Leishmania donovani strain reduces Escherichia coli induced sepsis in mice through inhibition of inflammatory responses. Das S, Chatterjee N, Bose D, Banerjee S, Pal P, Jha T, Saha Das K. Mediators Inflamm. 2014; 2014:409694 (Impact factor: 3.2)
- Role of ferulic acid in the amelioration of ionizing radiation induced inflammation: a murine model. Das U, Manna K, Sinha M, Datta S, Das DK, Chakraborty A, Ghosh M, Saha Das K, Dey S. PLoS One. 2014; 9(5):e97599 (Impact factor: 3.2)
- Protective effect of coconut water concentrate and its active component shikimic acid against hydroperoxide mediated oxidative stress through suppression of NF-κB and activation of Nrf2 pathway. Manna K, Khan A, Kr Das D, Bandhu Kesh S, Das U, Ghosh S, Sharma Dey R, Saha Das K, Chakraborty A, Chattopadhyay S, Dey S, Chattopadhyay D. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014. 8;155(1):132-46. (Impact factor: 2.9)
- Leishmanial lipid suppresses the bacterial endotoxin-induced inflammatory response with attenuation of tissue injury in sepsis. Chatterjee N, Das S, Bose D, Banerjee S, Jha T, Saha Das K. J Leukoc Biol. 2014; 96(2):325-36. (Impact factor: 4.2)
- Gold (I) N-heterocyclic carbene complex inhibits mouse melanoma growth by p53 upregulation. Nandy A, Dey SK, Das S, Munda RN, Dinda J, Saha Das K. Mol Cancer. 2014. Mar 13;13:57. (Impact factor: 6.2)
- Magnetic core–shell nanoprobe for sensitive killing of cancer cells via induction with a strong external magnetic field. Mandal S, Chatterjee N, Das S,Saha Das Kand Chaudhuri K. RSC Adv., 2014, 4, 20077-20085. (Impact factor: 3.1)
- Novel Gold(I)– and Gold(III)–N-Heterocyclic Carbene Complexes: Synthesis and Evaluation of Their Anticancer Properties. Rana B K, Nandy A, Valerio B, Christopher WB, Saha Das K, and Dinda J. 2014.33, 2544−2548 (Impact factor: 3.8)
- N-heterocyclic carbene supported Au(I) and Au(III) complexes: a comparison of cytotoxicities. Dinda J, Samanta T, Nandy A, Saha Das K, Seth S K, Chattopadhyay S K and Christopher WB. New J. Chem., 2014, 38, 1218-1224. (Impact factor: 3.2 )
- Cytotoxicity of silver(I), gold(I) and gold(III) complexes of a pyridine wingtip substituted annelated N-heterocyclic carbene. Dinda J, Nandy A, Rana B K, Valerio B, Saha Das Kand Christopher WB. RSC Adv., 2014, 4, 60776-60784 (Impact factor: 3.1)
- Anthracene-bisphosphonate based novel fluorescent organic nanoparticles explored as apoptosis inducersof cancer cells. Malay Pramanik, Nabanita Chatterjee, Subhadip Das, Krishna Das Sahaand Asim Bhaumik. Chemical Comunication. 2013; 49(82):9461-3. (Impact factor: 6.3)
- Effect of corchorusin-D, a saikosaponin like compound, on B16F10 melanoma cells (in vitro and in vivo). Sumana Mallick, Bikas C. Pal, Deepak Kumar, Nabanita Chatterjee, Subhadip Das, Krishna Das Saha. Asian Journal of Natural product Research. 2013Nov;15(11):1197-203. (Impact factor: 0.95)
- Cytotoxic Activity and Apoptosis-inducing Potential of Dispiropyrrolidino and Di-spiropyrrolizidino oxindole Andrographolide Derivatives. SK Dey, D Bose1, A Hazra, S Naskar, A Nandi, RN Munda, S Das, N Chatterjee, NB Mondal, S Banerjee and K Das Saha. Plos One. 2013;8(3): e58055. (Impact factor: 3.5)
- Corchorusin-D Directed Apoptosis of K562 Cells Occurs through Activation of Mitochondrial and Death Receptor Pathways and Suppression of AKT/PKB Pathway. Sumana Mallicka, Bikas C. Pal, Joseph R. Vedasiromoni, Deepak Kumar, Krishna Das Saha.Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry. 2012 12;30(4):915-926. (Impact factor: 2.8)
- Exploring the anti-inflammatory activity of a novel 2-phenylquinazoline analog with protection against inflammatory injury. Nabanita Chatterjeea, Subhadip Dasa, Dipayan Bose, Somenath Banerjee, Sujata Das, Debprasad Chattopadhyay, Krishna Das Saha. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacoology. 201215;264(2):182-91. (Impact factor: 4.4)
- Anticancer potential of 3-(Arylideneamino)-2-phenylquinazoline-4(3H)-ones derivatives. Subhadip Das, Nabanita Chatterjee, Dipayan Bose, Sumit Kr Dey, Rudra Narayan Munda, Abhishek Nandy, Sanjoy Bera, Shyamal Kr Biswas. Krishna Das Saha.Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry. 2012;29(1-2):251-60. (Impact factor: 3.6)
- Au(I) and Pt(II)-N-heterocyclic carbene complexes with picoline functionalized benzimidazolin-2-ylidene ligands; synthesis, structures, electrochemistry and cytotoxicity studies Sirsendu Das Adhikary,a Dipayan Bose,b Partha Mitra, Krishna Das Saha, Valerio Bertolasid and Joydev Dinda. New Journal of Chemistry. 2012, 36, 759-767. (Impact factor: 2.1)
- Nanocapsulated curcumin: Oral chemopreventive formulation against diethylnitrosamine induced hepatocellular carcinoma in rat. Debasree Ghosh, Somsubhra Thakur Choudhury, Swarupa Ghosh a, Ardhendu K. Mandal ,Sibani Sarkar, Aparajita Ghosh, Krishna Das Saha, Nirmalendu Das. Chemico Biological Interactions. 2012, 5;195(3):206-14. (Impact factor: 2.3)
- Quercetin in vesicular delivery systems: Evaluation in combating arsenic-induced acute liver toxicity associated gene expression in rat model. Debasree Ghosh, Swarupa Ghosha, Sibani Sarkara, Aparajita Ghosh, Nirmalendu Das, Krishna Das Saha, Ardhendu K. Mandal. ChemicoBiological Interactions. 2010, 7;186(1):61-71. (Impact factor: 2.3)
- Banerjee A, Majumdar KN, Ratha JS, Mandal M, Sarkar RN, and Saha KD. Leishmania lipid suppresses TNF-α, IL-1β and NO release by the adherent synovial fluid cells of rheumatoid arthritis patients and induces apoptosis through the Mitochondrial-Mediated Pathway. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2008, 58, 696-706. (Impact factor: 7.78).
- Ratha J, Majumder KN, Mandal SK, Dhara K, Singh SK, Saha KD, Bhadra R. Attenuated Leishmanial sphingolipid induces apoptosisin A375 human melanoma cell via both caspase-dependent and independent pathways. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007,304, 143-154. (Impact factor: 2.6)
- Ratha J, Majumder KN, Mandal SK, Bera R, Sarkar C, Saha KD, Bhadra R. A sphingolipid rich lipid fraction isolated from attenuated L.donovani promastigote induces apoptosis in mouse and human melanoma cell in vitro. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006, 290, 113-123. (Impact factor: 2.6)
- Bhadra, R., and Das. K.(1998). A process for the preparation of protozoan cell suspension useful as an immunomodulator for enhancement of host defense. 1679/Del /98.
- Bhadra, R., Pal B C, Das K. and Bhattacharya S. Active factor in Murraya koengii for relief, treatment and cure of asthmatic problem. PCT/IN/00102. 2000.
- Bhadra, R., Pal B C, Das K. and Bhattacharya S. Murraya koenigii extracts for treating asthma. PCT/IN2000/000102. 2002.
- Ranjan Bhadra, Bikash Chandra Pal, Krishna Das, Samir Bhattacharaya. Herbal composition for treating asthma. Application number: US 09/676,502.2004
- Bandyopadhyay S , Roy KC, Roy M, Pal BC, Bhadra R, Das K, Bhattacharya S. Herbal composition of blend of active components prepared from Murraya koengii and piper betle useful for blocking of 5 lipoxygenase activity leading to the inhibition of leukotriene synthesis, suppression of leukotriene synthesis, suppression of interleukin -4 production, and enhancement of gamma interferon release. 09/985,160, 11th January 2001.
- Bandyopadhyay S , Roy KC, Roy M, Pal BC, Bhadra R, Das K, Bhattacharya S. Herbal formulation of a combination of piper betel and Murraya koengii extracts for blocking 5-lipoxygenase activity. 09/925415, 8th Oct-2001