Dr. (Mrs.) Neeta V. M. Khalkho
PhD, Jadavpur University 2012,
M.Sc.,Rani Durgavati Viswavidyalaya, Jabalpur(M.P.), 1990
- Identification of L. donovani homologue of Crithidia fasiculata UMSBP gene.
- Molecular cloning and biochemical characterization of Universal Minicircle Sequence Binding Proteins (UMSBP) from unicellular flagellate kinetoplastid protozoan parasite Leishmania donovani.
- Universal Minicircle Sequence Binding Protein (UMSBP): A Potential Drug Target.
- Understanding Mitochondrial topoisomerase and unusual topoisomerases from kinetoplastid parasite Leishmania
- Bosedasgupta S,Ganguly A, Das BB, Roy A, Khalkho NV, Majumer, H.K. (2008) The large subunit of Leishmania topoisomerase I functions as the ‘molecular steer’ in type IB topoisomerase. Mol. Microbial. 67(1):31-46.
- Roy A, Das BB, Ganguly A, Bosedasgupta S, Khalkho NV, Pal C, Dey S, Giri VS, Jaisankar P, Dey S, Majumder HK (2007) An insight into the mechanism of inhibition of unusual bi-subunit topoisomerase I from Leishmania donovani by 3,3′-diindolylmethane, a novel DNA topoisomerase I poison with a strong binding affinity to enzyme. Biochem J. 409(2):611-22.
- Sribir Sen , Neeta V.M.Khalkho ,Bidyottam Mittra, Arindam Dasgupta and H.K.Majumder (2000) UMSBP from Leishmania donovani UR6 recognizes single-stranded nucleotide at the site of origin of replication of kinetoplast minicircle.Current Science .78(12):1543-1548
- Sen, S., Khalkho, N.V.M. and Majumder, H.K. (1996) DNA polymerase from parasite protozoa Leishmania donovani UR6: Evidence of the presence of a novel kind of DNA polymerase. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 221, 662-669.