Dr. Sandhya R. Dungdung
Senior Principal Scientist
PhD, Jadavpur University
- Biochemical basis of the regulation of sperm motility/epididymal maturation.
- Membrane Biology: Structure and function : Using goat epididymal spermatozoa as a model.
- Biotechnology: For rectification some of the problems of human male infertility and cattle breeding.
- Dr. Sudipta Saha CSIR-Senior Research Associate (Scientists’ Pool Officer).
- Ms. Arpita Bhoumik(CSIR-SRF)
- Mr. Prasanta Ghosh(Senior project fellow)
- Mr. Sandipan Mukherjee(CSIR-Project Fellow)
- Ghosh P., Mukherjee S., Bhoumik A., and Dungdung S.R. (2017). A novel epididymal quiescence factor inhibits sperm motility by modulating iNOS expression and intracellular NO-cGMP pathway. Journal of Cellular Physiology. 1-15(In press). DOI: 10.1002/jcp.26275. (IF- 4.08).
- Ghosh P., Bhoumik A., Saha S., Mukherjee S., Azmi S., Ghosh JK. and Dungdung SR. Spermicidal efficacy of VRP, a synthetic cationic antimicrobial peptide, inducing apoptosis and membrane disruption. (June, 2017). Journal of Cellular Physiology. 233; 1041-1050. DOI 10.1002/jcp.25958. (IF- 4.08).
- Bhoumik A., Saha S., Majumder G. C., Dungdung S. R. (2014): Optimum calcium concentration: a crucial factor in regulating sperm motility in vitro. Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, 70: 1177-1183.
- Saha S., Das S., Bhoumik A., Ghosh P., Majumder G.C., Dungdung S.R. (2013): Identification of a novel sperm motility stimulating protein from caprine serum: its characterization and functional significance. Fertil. Steril, 100: 269-279.
- Bhattacharya S., Das T., Biswas A., Gomes A., Gomes A., Dungdung S.R. (2013). A cytotoxic protein (BF-CT1) purified from Bungarus fasciatus venom acts through apoptosis, modulation of PI3K/ AKT, MAPKinase pathway and cell cycle regulation. Toxicon, 74: 138-150.
- Bhattacharya S., Ghosh P., De T., Gomes A., Gomes A., Dungdung S.R. (2013). In vivo and in vitro antileishmanial activity of Bungarus caeruleus snake venom through alteration of immunomodulatory activity. Experimental Parasitology, 135: 126-133.
- Das K, Das S., Bhoumik A, Jaiswal BS, Majumder GC and Dungdung SR (2011): In vitro initiated sperm forward motility in caput sperm: weak and transient. Andrologia, 44,807-812.
- Ghosh S., Dungdung S.R., Chowdhury S.T., Mandal A.K., Sarkar S., Ghosh D., Das N. (2011): Encapsulation of the flavonoid quercetin with an arsenic chelator into nanocapsules enables the simultaneous delivery of hydrophobic and hydrophilic drugs with a synergistic effect against chronic arsenic accumulation and oxidative stress. Free Radic Biol Med. 51(10):1893-1902.
- Das S., Saha S., Majumder G. C. and Dungdung S. R. (2010): Purification and Characterization of a Sperm Motility Inhibiting Factor from Caprine Epididymal Plasma. PLoS ONE, 5(8): e12039 (1-12).
- Ghosh S, Das N, Mandal AK, Dungdung SR, Sarkar S. (2010): Mannosylated liposomal cytidine 5 diphosphocholine prevent age related global moderate cerebral ischemia reperfusion induced mitochondrial cytochrome c release in aged rat brain. Neuroscience, 171(4): 1287-99.
- Jaiswal B.S., Das K., Saha S., Dungdung S.R. & Majumder G.C. (2010). Purification and characterization of a motility initiation protein from caprine epididymal plasma. J. Cell Physiol. 222 :254-263
- Maiti A., Nath D., Dungdung S.R., Majumder G.C. (2009). Sperm ecto-protein kinase and its protein substrate: novel regulators of membrane fusion during acrosome reaction. J. cell. Physiol, 220(2): 394-400.
- Ghoshal S., Sengupta T., Dungdung S.R., Majumder G.C., Sen P.C. (2008). Characterization of a low molecular mass stimulator protein of Mg2+-independent Ca2+-ATPase: effect on phosphorylation-dephosphorylation, calcium transport and sperm cell motility. Biosci. Rep., 28(2): 61-71.
Sandhya R. Dungdung, Arpita Bhoumik, Sudipta Saha, Prasanta Ghosh, Kaushik Das, Sandipan Mukherjee ‘Sperm Motility Regulatory Proteins: A potential tool to enhance sperm quality’ Chapter 7 in the book ‘INSIGHTS OF ANIMAL REPRODUCTION’ [Veterinary Medicine and Science » “Insights from Animal Reproduction”, book edited by Rita Payan Carreira, ISBN 978-953- 51-2268-5, Published: March 23, 2016. DOI: 10.5772/62470.