Engineering Services Units (ESU)
Engineering Service Unit (ESU) is comprised of Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Sections.
Electrical Engineering Unit
The Electrical Section provides all necessary services required for R&D and associated activities of the Institute as mentioned below.
- Providing Electrical power throughout the institute round the clock.
- Service and maintenance of Electrical and associated systems.
- Effective utilization of Electrical power and to make the installed systems Energy efficient.
- Modernization of Electrical power supply systems of laboratories and other functional areas of the Institute.
- Estimation, Planning, Execution and Monitoring of Engineering works related to Electrical and associated systems.
Apart from above services the division is also engaged in Electrical Power Monitoring system and Energy economy.
Civil Engineering Unit
The Civil Engineering Section renders services in broad areas of infrastructure development, new construction, renovation and up-gradation of laboratories and common facilities, maintenance of campus, water supply, sewerage and drainage systems at both the campuses at Jadavpur as well as Salt Lake.
Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Unit
The Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Section provides all the necessary services related to maintenance of air-conditioning systems of both the Jadavpur and Salt Lake campuses round the clock.
Officers & Staff Members
Mr. Sujit Majumder
+91 33 24995794
Senior Technician (1), Works & Services