Prem Tripathi , Ph.D.
Cell Biology & Physiology
- Role of endogenous neuronal progenitors in neurogenesis following neurodegeneration
- Regulation of adult neural stem cell fate by small molecules/natural products.
- Nanobiosensor for early detection of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Functional dissection of H3K27 demethylase in hippocampus and dentate gyrus development.
- PhD, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy (2007-2010)
- Postdoctoral Research, European Institute of Oncology, Campus IFOM IEO, Milan, Italy (2010-2013).
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Seattle Children’s Research Institute, Seattle, United States (2014-2015)
- Assistant Professor, Amity University, Noida, India (2016- 2017)
Honours & Awards
- Early career research award from Department of Science and Technology (DST), 2018.
- Awarded 3 years Postdoctoral Scholarship from AIRC, Italy (2011- 13).
- Full fellowship to participate in Developmental Neurobiology DNC course, Japan (2012).
- Scored 70/70 cum laude (merit) for PhD thesis defense (2010).
- Awarded 3.5 years full fellowship from SNS, Pisa, Italy for doctoral studies (2007- 10).
- Fellowship to participate to the Gordon research conferences (GRC), on Mechanisms of epilepsy & neuronal Synchronization, Waterville, USA (2008).
- Full fellowship to participate in workshop on Gradient & Signaling, OIST, Japan (2008).
Patents & Publications
- Chandra Sc, Alam MT, Dey J, Chakrapani BPS, Ray U, Srivastava AK, Gandhi S, Tripathi PP*. (2020) Healthy gut, healthy brain: The gut microbiome in neurodegenerative disorders. Topics in Medicinal Chemistry (In Press)
- Dey J, Alam MT, Chandra S, Gandhi S, Tripathi PP*. (2019) Recalibrating the Existence of New Neurons in Adult Brain. ACS Chem Neurosci. 10:2091-2093
- Roberts A, Tripathi PP, Gandhi S. (2019) Graphene nanosheets as an electric mediator for ultrafast sensing of urokinase plasminogen activator receptor-A biomarker of cancer. Biosens Bioelectron. 141:111398
- Gandhi S*, Gupta J, Tripathi PP*. (2019) The Curious Case of Human Hippocampal Neurogenesis. ACS Chem Neurosci. 10:1131-1132
- Tripathi PP*, Arami H, Banga I, Gupta J, Gandhi S*. (2018) Cell penetrating peptides in preclinical and clinical cancer diagnosis and therapy. Oncotarget. 9(98):37252-37267. (* equal corresponding author)
- Singh S, Mishra P, Banga I, S Parmar A, Tripathi PP, Gandhi S. (2018) Chemiluminescence based immunoassay for the detection of heroin and its metabolites. Bioimpacts. 8(1):53-58.
Before Joining IICB:
- Seungshin H, Tripathi PP, Raza RA, Hevner RF, Beier DR (2019) Reelin Mediates Hippocampal Cajal-Retzius Cell Positioning and Infrapyramidal Blade Morphogenesis bioRxiv, (Preprint, by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory)
- Seungshin H, Tripathi PP, Mihalas AB, Hevner RF, Beier DR (2017) C-terminal region truncation of RELN disrupts an interaction with VLDLR causing abnormal development of the cerebral cortex and hippocampus. The Journal of neuroscience 37(4):960-971.
- Tripathi PP*, Bozzi Y (2015) The role of dopaminergic and serotonergic systems in neurodevelopmental discorders: a focus on epilepsy and seizure susceptibility. BioImpacts 5(2):97-102 (* corresponding author) (Article selected for cover page story)
- Provenzano G, Clementi E, Genovesi S, Scali M, Tripathi PP, Sgado P, Bozzi Y (2014) GH Dysfunction in Engrailed-2 Knockout Mice, a Model for Autism Spectrum Disorders. Frontiers in pediatrics 2:92.
- Tripathi PP, Di Giovannantonio LG, Sanguinetti E, Acampora D, Allegra M, Caleo M, Wurst W, Simeone A, Bozzi Y (2014) Increased dopaminergic innervation in the brain of conditional mutant mice overexpressing Otx2: effects on locomotor behavior and seizure susceptibility. Neuroscience 261:173-183.
- Sgado P, Genovesi S, Kalinovsky A, Zunino G, Macchi F, Allegra M, Murenu E, Provenzano G, Tripathi PP, Casarosa S, Joyner AL, Bozzi Y (2013) Loss of GABAergic neurons in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex of Engrailed-2 null mutant mice: implications for autism spectrum disorders. Experimental neurology 247:496-505.
- Burgold T, Voituron N*, Caganova M*, Tripathi PP*, Menuet C, Tusi BK, Spreafico F, Bevengut M, Gestreau C, Buontempo S, Simeone A, Kruidenier L, Natoli G, Casola S, Hilaire G, Testa G (2012) The H3K27 demethylase JMJD3 is required for maintenance of the embryonic respiratory neuronal network, neonatal breathing, and survival. CELL reports 2:1244-1258. (*Authors contributed equally to work)
- Thangavelu SR, Tripathi PP, Arya U, Mishra HK, Subramaniam JRPD (2011) ALS associated mutant SOD1 impairs the motor neurons and astrocytes and wild type astrocyte secreted-factors reverse the impaired motor neurons. Annals of neurosciences 18:48-55.
- Tripathi PP, Santorufo G, Brilli E, Borrelli E, Bozzi Y (2010) Kainic acid-induced seizures activate GSK- 3beta in the hippocampus of D2R-/- mice. Neuroreport 21:846-850.
- Tripathi PP, Sgado P, Scali M, Viaggi C, Casarosa S, Simon HH, Vaglini F, Corsini GU, Bozzi Y (2009) Increased susceptibility to kainic acid-induced seizures in Engrailed-2 knockout mice. Neuroscience 159:842-849.
- Tripathi PP, P.; Corsini, G.U.; Simone, A.; Bozzi, Y.; (2009) Developmental basis of seizure susceptibility: A focus on dopaminergic and serotonergic systems. Current trends in Neurology 3:93-101.
- Teixidor GT, Gorkin RA, 3rd, Tripathi PP, Bisht GS, Kulkarni M, Maiti TK, Battacharyya TK, Subramaniam JR, Sharma A, Park BY, Madou M (2008) Carbon microelectromechanical systems as a substratum for cell growth. Biomedical materials (Bristol, England) 3:034116.
- Tripathi PP, Di Giovannantonio LG, Viegi A, Wurst W, Simeone A, Bozzi Y (2008) Serotonin hyperinnervation abolishes seizure susceptibility in Otx2 conditional mutant mice. The Journal of neuroscience 28:9271-9276.
Gandhi S, Tripathi PP. “FTO/AuNPs- based nanosensor for Chlorpyrifos detection in fruits and vegetables”. Patent application number 2017/11044750, National filing date 14 December 2017.