Prem Tripathi , Ph.D.
Cell Biology & Physiology
- Role of endogenous neuronal progenitors in neurogenesis following neurodegeneration
- Regulation of adult neural stem cell fate by small molecules/natural products.
- Nanobiosensor for early detection of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Functional dissection of H3K27 demethylase in hippocampus and dentate gyrus development.
- PhD, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy (2007-2010)
- Postdoctoral Research, European Institute of Oncology, Campus IFOM IEO, Milan, Italy (2010-2013).
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Seattle Children’s Research Institute, Seattle, United States (2014-2015)
- Assistant Professor, Amity University, Noida, India (2016- 2017)
Honours & Awards
- Early career research award from Department of Science and Technology (DST), 2018.
- Awarded 3 years Postdoctoral Scholarship from AIRC, Italy (2011- 13).
- Full fellowship to participate in Developmental Neurobiology DNC course, Japan (2012).
- Scored 70/70 cum laude (merit) for PhD thesis defense (2010).
- Awarded 3.5 years full fellowship from SNS, Pisa, Italy for doctoral studies (2007- 10).
- Fellowship to participate to the Gordon research conferences (GRC), on Mechanisms of epilepsy & neuronal Synchronization, Waterville, USA (2008).
- Full fellowship to participate in workshop on Gradient & Signaling, OIST, Japan (2008).
Patents & Publications
- Ray U, Tripathi PP, Begum F, Srivastava AK, Trypsin / Trypsin-like protease based SARS-CoV-2 spike protein cleavage assay system for drug screening. Indian patent application no. 202111049482.
- Mandal S, Kumar P BR, Alam TA, Tripathi PP, Channappa B, Novel Imidazole Phenoxyacetic Acids as Inhibitors of USP30 for Neuroprotection Implication via the Ubiquitin-Rho-110 Fluorometric Assay: Design, Synthesis, and In Silico and Biochemical Assays. ACS chemical neuroscience (2022) https://doi.org/10.1021/acschemneuro.2c00076
- Dey J, Roberts A, Mahari S, Gandhi S, Tripathi PP*, Electrochemical Detection of Alzheimer’s Disease Biomarker, β-Secretase Enzyme (BACE1), With One-Step Synthesized Reduced Graphene Oxide. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology (2022) https://doi.org/10.3389/fbioe.2022.873811
- Cherukunnath A, Davargaon RS, Ashraf R, Kamdar U, Srivastava AK, Tripathi PP, Chatterjee N, Kumar S. KLF8 is activated by TGF‐β1 via Smad2 and contributes to ovarian cancer progression. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry (2022) https://doi.org/10.1002/jcb.30235
- Ganju RK, Mishra S, Ahirwar DK, Srivastava AK, Tripathi PP. Inflammation and Myeloid Cells in Cancer Progression and Metastasis. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology (2022) https://doi.org/10.3389/fcell.2021.759691
- AS Castanza, S Ramirez, Tripathi PP, RAM Daza, FK Kalume, AUTS2 Regulates RNA Metabolism and Dentate Gyrus Development in Mice Cerebral Cortex (2021) doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhab124
- Yadav VK, Kumar A, Tripathi PP, Gupta J, Long noncoding RNAs in intestinal homeostasis, regeneration, and cancer. Journal of Cellular Physiology (2021), 236 (11), 7801-7813 (IF 6.4)
- Ahirwar R, Gandhi S, Komal K, Dhaniya G, Tripathi PP, Shingatgeri VM, Kumar K, Sharma JG, Kumar S. Biochemical composition, transmission and diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2. Bioscience Reports (2021) 41 (8)
- Dey J, Alam TA, Chandra S, Gupta J, Ray U, Srivastava AK, Tripathi PP*, Neuroinvasion of SARS‐CoV‐2 may play a role in the breakdown of the respiratory center of the brain. J. of Medical Virology (2021)
- Saha P, Mandal T, Talukdar AD, Kumar D, Kumar S, Tripathi PP, Wang QE, Srivastava AKDNA polymerase eta: a potential pharmacological target for cancer therapy Journal of Cellular Physiology (2021) 236 (6), 4106-4120
- Krishnapriya, Sasikumar P, Aswathy M, Tripathi PP, Radhakrishnan KV, Chakrapani baby PS. Plant derived bioactive compounds and their potential to enhance adult neurogenesis. Phytomedicine Plus (2021), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phyplu.2021.100191
- Nelson BR, Hodge RD, Daza RA, Tripathi PP, Arnold SJ, Millen KJ, Hevner RF. Intermediate progenitors support migration of neural stem cells into dentate gyrus outer neurogenic niches. ELife. 2020 Apr 3;9:e53777. doi: 10.7554/eLife.53777.
- Saha P, Banerjee AK, Tripathi PP*, Srivastava AK*, Ray U*. A virus that has gone viral: amino acid mutation in S protein of Indian isolate of Coronavirus COVID-19 might impact receptor binding, and thus, infectivity. Biosci Rep. 2020 May 29;40(5):BSR20201312 (as co--corresponding)
- Gandhi S, Srivastava AK, Ray U, Tripathi PP*, Is the Collapse of the Respiratory Center in the Brain Responsible for Respiratory Breakdown in COVID-19 Patients? ACS Chemical Neuroscience 2020 May 20;11(10):1379-1381
- Ha S, Tripathi PP, Daza RA, Hevner RF, Beier DR. Reelin Mediates Hippocampal Cajal-Retzius Cell Positioning and Infrapyramidal Blade Morphogenesis. J. Dev. Biol. 2020, 8(3), 20
- Saha P, Mandal T, Talukdar AD, Kumar D, Kumar S, Tripathi PP, Wang QE, Srivastava AK. DNA polymerase eta: A potential pharmacological target for cancer therapy. J Cell Physiol. 2020 Nov 13. doi: 10.1002/jcp.30155.
- Chatterjee B, Saha P, Bose S, Shukla D, Chatterjee N, Kumar S, Tripathi PP, Srivastava AK. MicroRNAs: As Critical Regulators of Tumor- Associated Macrophages, Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2020, 21(19), 7117
- Dey J, Alam MT, Chandra S, Tripathi PP*. (2019) Recalibrating the Existence of New Neurons in Adult Brain. ACS Chemical Neuroscience 10:2091-2093
- Chandra S, Alam MT, Dey J, Chakrapani P S B, Ray U, Srivastava AK, Gandhi S, Tripathi PP*. Healthy Gut, Healthy Brain: The Gut Microbiome in Neurodegenerative Disorders. Current Topics Medicinal Chemistry 2020 Apr 12. doi: 10.2174/ 1568026620666200413091101
- Begum F, Mukherjee D, Thagriki D, Das S, Tripathi PP*, Banerjee AK*, Ray U*. Analyses of spike protein from first deposited sequences of SARS-CoV2 from West Bengal, India. F1000Research 2020, 9:371 (https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.23805.1)
- Gandhi S, Gupta J, Tripathi PP*. (2019) The Curious Case of Human Hippocampal Neurogenesis. ACS Chemical Neuroscience 10:1131-1132
- Tripathi PP*, Arami H, Banga I, Gupta J, Gandhi S*. (2018) Cell penetrating peptides in preclinical and clinical cancer diagnosis and therapy. Oncotarget. 9(98):37252-37267.
- Roberts A, Tripathi PP, Gandhi S. (2019) Graphene nanosheets as an electric mediator for ultrafast sensing of urokinase plasminogen activator receptor-A biomarker of cancer. Biosensor Bioelectronics. 141:111398
- Singh S, Mishra P, Banga I, S Parmar A, Tripathi PP, Gandhi S. (2018) Chemiluminescence based immunoassay for the detection of heroin and its metabolites. Bioimpacts. 8(1):53-58.
- Seungshin H, Tripathi PP, Mihalas AB, Hevner RF, Beier DR (2017) C-terminal region truncation of RELN disrupts an interaction with VLDLR causing abnormal development of the cerebral cortex and hippocampus. The Journal of neuroscience 37(4):960-971.
- Tripathi PP*, Bozzi Y (2015) The role of dopaminergic and serotonergic systems in neurodevelopmental discorders: a focus on epilepsy and seizure susceptibility. BioImpacts 5(2):97-102 (Article selected for cover page story)
- Provenzano G, Clementi E, Genovesi S, Scali M, Tripathi PP, Sgado P, Bozzi Y (2014) GH Dysfunction in Engrailed-2 Knockout Mice, a Model for Autism Spectrum Disorders. Frontiers in pediatrics 2:92.
- Tripathi PP, Di Giovannantonio LG, Sanguinetti E, Acampora D, Allegra M, Caleo M, Wurst W, Simeone A, Bozzi Y (2014) Increased dopaminergic innervation in the brain of conditional mutant mice overexpressing Otx2: effects on locomotor behavior and seizure susceptibility. Neuroscience 261:173-183.
- Sgado P, Genovesi S, Kalinovsky A, Zunino G, Macchi F, Allegra M, Murenu E, Provenzano G, Tripathi PP, Casarosa S, Joyner AL, Bozzi Y (2013) Loss of GABAergic neurons in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex of Engrailed-2 null mutant mice: implications for autism spectrum disorders. Experimental neurology 247:496-505.
- Burgold T, Voituron N*, Caganova M*, Tripathi PP*, Menuet C, Tusi BK, Spreafico F, Bevengut M, Gestreau C, Buontempo S, Simeone A, Kruidenier L, Natoli G, Casola S, Hilaire G, Testa G (2012) The H3K27 demethylase JMJD3 is required for maintenance of the embryonic respiratory neuronal network, neonatal breathing, and survival. CELL Reports 2:1244-1258. (*Authors contributed equally to work)
- Thangavelu SR, Tripathi PP, Arya U, Mishra HK, Subramaniam JRPD (2011) ALS associated mutant SOD1 impairs the motor neurons and astrocytes and wild type astrocyte secreted-factors reverse the impaired motor neurons. Annals of neurosciences 18:48-55.
- Tripathi PP, Santorufo G, Brilli E, Borrelli E, Bozzi Y (2010) Kainic acid-induced seizures activate GSK- 3beta in the hippocampus of D2R-/- mice. Neuroreport 21:846-850.
- Tripathi PP, Sgado P, Scali M, Viaggi C, Casarosa S, Simon HH, Vaglini F, Corsini GU, Bozzi Y (2009) Increased susceptibility to kainic acid-induced seizures in Engrailed-2 knockout mice. Neuroscience 159:842-849.
- Tripathi PP, P.; Corsini, G.U.; Simone, A.; Bozzi, Y.; (2009) Developmental basis of seizure susceptibility: A focus on dopaminergic and serotonergic systems. Current trends in Neurology 3:93-101.
- Teixidor GT, Gorkin RA, 3rd, Tripathi PP, Bisht GS, Kulkarni M, Maiti TK, Battacharyya TK, Subramaniam JR, Sharma A, Park BY, Madou M (2008) Carbon microelectromechanical systems as a substratum for cell growth. Biomedical materials (Bristol, England) 3:034116.
- Tripathi PP, Di Giovannantonio LG, Viegi A, Wurst W, Simeone A, Bozzi Y (2008) Serotonin hyperinnervation abolishes seizure susceptibility in Otx2 conditional mutant mice. The Journal of neuroscience 28:9271-9276.